Thursday, February 13, 2014

.: From Bandung, for Mother Earth :.

Today was my 4th visit to the place that has taught me, that a person does not necessarily has to be highly educated to know how to take care of the environment by reducing and reusing waste.

These housewives have learned from their experiences, or their living environment that waste could be something useful. They have successfully made organic compost, biogas , handicrafts that are literally made from something people usually considered as trash.

Why I started to dedicate this blog for them, is because most of times they did not have enough publications or steady market where they could sell their products.
Although their activities has established since 2009 and many media exposed the way of reduce and reuse waste among this humble population, majority of the products were made only based on request from direct buyers.

Last year when I was off from my regular office work, I committed to dedicate (a little bit of) my effort, competency, time and gigabyte, to introduce some of the products from MyDarling (abbreviation from Masyarakat Sadar Lingkungan) to people out there.


I'm giving a shout, as they have inspired me to manage the waste wisely, so I'm helping them to spread the messages.
 
medium size : dimension 17 x 11 x 2 cm

 
it took more than 160 sachets (of your instant coffee) to make this wallet


 All are waste-based, hand made, with love from the simple housewives.

Plenty hours were spent to made this handicraft and it took more than 160 small sachets (of instant coffee or milk) for every medium size wallet, yet they sell it for only 2 USD.

They said even if they could sell it higher (as they have buyers from outside e.g. Japan, Australia, Europe) they wanted to keep it non-profit, because money is not the thing they looking for.

Mother Earth indeed needs more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment